Paranormal radio host mysteriously disappears

Share Article


Paranormal radio host seemingly retires yet nobody has seen him as of late. It is rumored that Art Bell (born June 17, 1945 age 71) had someone shoot at him in his remote ranch located in the middle of nowhere. There have been no official police records reported and it is rumored he decided to retire from duress. Nobody knows what happened to him as he hasn’t been seen since the end of 2015.

This is what Art said about the shooting:

“I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk.”

“While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this.”

“As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.”


Art Bell helped create on the radio a new genre of sorts. Bell founded and was the original owner of Pahrump, a Nevada-based radio station on KNYE 95.1 FM. His beliefs in the paranormal and research have had long time fans yearning for more. Art was considered the master of fringe science and conspiracy theory including UFO’s and more. He butted heads with SiriusXM radio, they operate three different satellite radio services located in the United States. From this dispute, he may have gone over the edge.

Art would visit strange and paranormal historical events in his series and keep people wondering what really happened. His show lasted for 15 years detailing different paranormal phenomena. The show itself became a cult hit airing late at night across North America. His paranormal-themed radio program is known as Coast to Coast AM. It has since been taken over by George Noory and George Knapp on (weekends). Both of these guys are night owls sometimes staying up late to delve deeper into the unknown. Sometimes there are different guests who give their input as well.

The show has quite a fan base and is one of the most listened to radio programs in this genre. Some of the topics include: life after death, UFOs, strange occurrences, unexplained phenomenon and more. The show is ranked in the daytime ratings. The show can be heard in some markets on Saturday nights under the name Somewhere in Time.


As it turns out, Art was in the hospital and missing in action for quite a while. Here is what Art said:

Thursday 7-07: Update From Art –

“I am now home after five days in what must be one of the greatest hospitals in the world, St Rose. I am not in good shape, so weak I cannot dress myself. I want to publicly thank my wife Airyn who never left my side and helped every moment day and night and still is. I went through every test known to man. Had a hole punched in my lung, MRI, PET scans, X-Rays, more blood tests then could be counted, was on Morphine the whole time. Had so many IVs running it started to get hard to find a vein. If I make it I will have the best wife in the world to thank as well as the best hospital. Can’t really type more now but that is the current situation, more later.”

— Art

(Source: Lee Speigel, The Huffington Post) (Click HERE for the official site of the show HERE for Midnight in the Desert)

13 foot sea creature found in Spain
The girl with 10 lives

Share Article

You may also like...